Type of Employement
Full Time Position
ZaneRay is a digital design and development agency that specializes in e-commerce. We are well established in the outdoor industry with such clients as Skullcandy, Yeti Cycles, Osprey Backpacks and Jackson Hole Resort—so a passion for the outdoors is a big plus. ZaneRay was recently named in Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work for the fourth time in the last 8 years.
ZaneRay has an opening in our Whitefish Montana office for an experienced user interface designer. We are seeking a candidate that is excited about the work that we do, and is equally excited about living the Rocky Mountain lifestyle.
The ideal candidate will have strong digital design skills and experience, especially in regards to the web and e-commerce. Also important is up-to-date knowledge about User Experience trends and best practices to inform design considerations.
ZaneRay offers a flexible work-life—we seek a daily balance of work, family, and recreation that keeps us all happy, healthy and productive. To be successful we need self-motivated enthusiasts that have a proven track record of getting stuff done, and having a great time doing it.
The Ideal Candidate
- Applicable bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Relevant interface design experience
- Strong communication skills and ability to present and convey your design to clients
- Proficient in digital design tools such as Figma, Sketch or XD
- Basic Knowledge of HTML/CSS and the intricacies of designing for the web
- Understanding of responsive design conventions and techniques
- Ability to estimate effort for various tasks and complete tasks within budget
- Experience creating prototypes for user testing, illustrating user flows, animation and interactions
- Experience with copywriting and the ability to assist brands with the language they use to communicate their vision
- Knowledge of User Interface best practices
- Understanding of design accessibility best practices
- Experience with logo and identity design systems
- Familiarity with the agile workflow and with some dev processes (git/abstract)
- Diverse work background, inside and outside the web agency world
- Designing world-class e-commerce sites as well as informational or general brand websites
- Working with high profile brands to help communicate their products and the lifestyle they sell
- Immersing yourself in a brand’s materials and industry. Our team prides itself on being as versed as we can in whatever industry we step into.
- Building strategies for responsively designed sites that need to look and work great on all devices
- Designing sites and displays with intricate data requirements—often requiring extensive back-and-forth with both client feedback and user testing cycles to perfect
- Working with the interface development team to produce sites that are highly optimized for fast delivery to all devices and environments
- Immersion into the science of user experience—especially when designing for e-commerce—to design sites that not only look great but flow smoothly and convert customers at a high rate
- Taking a break occasionally to make some turns on the mountain when the snow is fresh
- Working with prototyping tools to build wireframes or working prototypes to collaboratively think through information architecture, as well as for use in UX testing
- Translating wireframes and UX design prototypes into refined designs that apply to all devices
- Working with customers to develop their digital brand strategy, thinking through how it is communicated and designing the space and flow that helps their users get the most from visiting the brand’s web site
- Collaborating with our internal team to hand off to developers, ensuring that the finished product best represents the design intention
- Flexing your schedule from week to week to be sure you maintain a healthy lifestyle inside and outside of work, and be sure to be present in your family members lives
- Contributing heavily to the collaboration process regarding you and other designer's designs to ensure that we as a team produce high quality, consistent work at all times
- Presenting design work iterations to clients—working through feedback and iterations to reach a final agreed-upon design
- Communicating the design process to prospective clients during the sales process and at the onset of projects to set expectations. Contributing to projects run by our success team to help clients arrive at the new direction for their sites.
- Working with the collective ZaneRay teams to continue to fine-tune our design process in an ever-changing medium
- Attending weekly collaborative department meetings to best coordinate efforts
- Familiarizing yourself with the architecture of various commerce and content management packages
- Occasionally traveling to visit clients for sales jobs and for the launch of large-scale projects
- Getting to know team members better at a picnic, raft trip or other adventure
- Contributing to other design missions such as office design, branding of ZaneRay and our own web site updates
- Attending occasional seminars and seeking other avenues for continual learning and sharing what you have learned with your coworkers
Position & Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. but are flexible within that range.
Salary is D.O.E. ZaneRay offers a benefits package that includes 401K with up to 4% matching, employee health, disability, vision and dental insurance, 17 days of vacation to start, profit sharing, long-term incentives, and a flexible work environment. Relocation is considered.
Submit resume, portfolio of example work, and a letter to explain to us that our search is over—why you are the perfect candidate we have been looking for!
Submissions go to: firstname.lastname@example.org.