Type of Employement
Full Time Position
ZaneRay is a digital design and development agency that specializes in e-commerce. We are well established in the outdoor industry with such clients as Skullcandy, Yeti Cycles, Osprey Backpacks, and Jackson Hole Resort—so a passion for the outdoors is a big plus. ZaneRay was named in Outside Magazine’s 2020 Best Places to Work for the fourth time.
The ZaneRay Group has an opening for a senior interface developer. The position can be remote or at our Whitefish, Montana office.
We are seeking a unique candidate for this role—an experienced and hard-working UI developer who lives and breathes the tools of the trade. A background in design can be helpful, we love versatile people that can help bring bleeding edge designs to life.
ZaneRay offers a flexible work life—we seek a daily balance of work, family, and recreation that keeps us happy, healthy, and productive. To be successful we need self-motivated individuals that have a proven track record of getting stuff done, and having a great time doing it.
The Ideal Candidate
- Applicable bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience developing and designing websites
- Advanced knowledge of a SPA architectures such as Vue, React or Angular
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with clients and teammates
- Understanding of responsive design principles and techniques
- Desire to learn and grow interface development techniques in an ever-changing technology landscape
- Ability to estimate effort for various tasks and complete tasks within budget
- Strong understanding of accessibility best practices
- Understanding of the technology of progressive web apps
- Experience with e-commerce platforms such as Shopify, BigCommerce, or others
- Exhibiting leadership both in technology direction as well as with fellow team members
- Working within a team developing world-class e-commerce and other non-transactional websites
- Building strategies for responsively designed sites that need to look and work great on all devices
- Working with the engineering team to produce sites that are highly optimized for fast delivery to all devices and environments
- Developing digital design systems in collaboration with the interactive design team to inform all development—continuing to develop and maintain the style guide to document design patterns throughout development
- Taking a break occasionally to make some turns on the mountain when the snow is fresh
- Working with defined style guides to develop consistent markup for all phases of a site development
- Working with prototyping tools to build wireframes or working prototypes to collaboratively think through information architecture, as well as for use in UX testing
- Using responsive design skills to make decisions ensuring all site functions look and work perfectly on all supported devices, browsers and environments
- Using Git and Bitbucket to manage the development process collaboratively with development management
- Testing your work and fellow developer’s work, providing constructive feedback
- Flexing your schedule from week to week to be sure you maintain a healthy lifestyle inside and outside of work and be sure to be present in your family members lives
- Working closely with the design team as they hand off to developers, ensuring that the finished product best represents the design intention
- Working with the collective ZaneRay teams to continue to fine tune our development process in an ever-changing medium
- Getting to know team members better at a picnic, raft trip or other adventure
- Familiarizing yourself with the architecture of various e-commerce and content management packages
- Attending occasional seminars and seeking other avenues for continual learning
- Perform continued research and stay abreast of technical advances and trends in the industry
Position & Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, roughly 8:00AM to 5:00PM Mountain Time, but hours are flexible within that range.
Salary is D.O.E. ZaneRay offers a benefits package that includes 401K with up to 4% matching, employee health, disability, vision and dental insurance, 17 days of PTO to start, paid overtime, profit sharing, long-term incentives, and a flexible work environment. We also offer paid relocation to move to the Flathead Valley if desired as well as annual trips to the home office for collaboration and recreation.
Submit resume, portfolio of example work, and a letter to explain to us that our search is over—why you are the perfect candidate we have been looking for!
Submissions go to: email@example.com.