Type of Employement
Full Time Position
The ZaneRay Group is looking for a Java Engineer/Developer to join our team in beautiful Whitefish, Montana. ZaneRay is an Internet development agency working with medium to large sized companies that sell goods on the web. Our team is involved in just about every aspect of e-commerce development there is. ZaneRay was recently named in Outside Magazine’s 2020 Best Places to Work for the fourth time in the last 8 years.
The engineer in this position may fill a variety of engineering roles, from developing micro-services for headless implementations to designing databases, to creating complex backend integrations with corporate systems. Experience in the ideas behind developing B2B or B2C E-commerce sites is a plus. Corporate IT experience in ERP, or order management systems is a plus.
To a large extent, the position will be defined by the strengths of who fills it. As an agency tasked with creating world class e-commerce experiences, we are interested in someone who shows adaptability, and a person who likes working on the edge of what is new and unknown.
One key benefit of this job is the chance to work with “big footprint” companies on award winning websites. Another is being able to work in a beautiful setting: the Flathead Valley of Northwest Montana, gateway to Glacier National Park. If you are at all outdoor sports inclined or are looking for a great place to raise a family, this area is ideal.
Working remotely is an option—and will always be—for this position. With Covid, most of ZaneRay is working remotely now. However, our hope for the future is to be operating out of our new office we are building in Whitefish with it’s majestic view of the local mountain.
The Ideal Candidate
- Is passionate about software development and quality of life
- Has excellent problem solving skills
- Has 2+ years hands-on Java and Spring Boot experience. We are also open to C# or other OO language experience
- Understands front end UI development, either working with it or in it
- Has understanding of database design and SQL, or NoSQL
- Not a stranger to talking to customers and carefully working through requirements
- Has good verbal and written communications skills
- Has a sense of adventure
- Corporate IT experience
- SPA. Angular, React, Vue
- Experience with REST API and microservice architecture
- Shopify, BigCommerce or other Ecom platform development experience
- Exposure to or experience with ERP systems like SAP, Netsuite, Navision
- Agile development
- Systems experience/exposure. Linux, VM, continuous integration, dev ops
- Node/ Express
- Cloud deployment environments - Google Cloud, AWS, etc
- Working on all aspects of developing a B2B or B2C ecommerce site: design/architecture, project management, coding, etc.
- Creating solutions with long term maintenance and flexibility in mind, while mitigating risk to current operations
- Engaging with clients on everything from gathering requirements to implementation.
- Brainstorming on how to take advantage of new technologies, processes and business opportunities
- Collaborating with small teams of developers on multiple projects
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Position & Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. but are flexible within that range.
Salary is D.O.E. ZaneRay offers a benefits package that includes 401K with matching, health insurance, generous vacation at start, profit sharing, overtime pay and flexible work environment. Relocation is considered
Submit resume, portfolio of example work, and a letter to explain to us that our search is over—why you are the perfect candidate we have been looking for!
Submissions go to: firstname.lastname@example.org.