Type of Employement
Full Time Position
The ZaneRay Group is a “digital agency” helping brands with their online selling efforts. We are engaged with our clients in everything from website design to programming to server administration. Business is good, and to keep up with our growth we are seeking someone to help with what could broadly be called “systems administration”.
Candidates for this position must have a minimum of basic skills (described below), but we will also be training you where needed. This is an ideal opportunity to be exposed to a broad spectrum of computer tasks and challenges, while working with nationally recognized clients like Carhart, SkullCandy, and Yeti Cycles. In addition, you’ll be working in “E-commerce” (i.e. “selling online”), a hot industry that will only get hotter. The industry we work in is fast-paced and at times we find ourselves solving issues for which there is no roadmap. But we also believe in a healthy work-life balance that has earned us a nationally recognized Outside Magazine “Best Place to Work” title multiple times. See “About Zaneray” below.
ZaneRay is a “digital agency”, helping national brands realize their potential in online commerce. We’re a team of developers, project managers and engineers based in Whitefish Montana, working at our home office or remotely from around the nation.
ZaneRay offers a generous benefits package, but more than anything we promote a sustainable, balanced work-life approach. We support local charitable causes and conservation efforts through company contributions, paid time off for employee volunteerism and company matching contributions for employee charities.
The Ideal Candidate
- A good command of Linux
- Rounded knowledge of networks and their pieces. Routers, firewalls, WiFi
- A good command of Macs and their setup, and the same with PC’s
- Cloud architecture
- Good communication skills. Able to articulate and respond to clients and users, and understands the importance of documenting what they do
- Has worked in a development environment and been involved with its accompanying needs for code management and deployment
- E-commerce exposure. For mega points, PCI compliance experience
- Development and coding skills
- Monitoring the health and status of our client’s test and production websites and servers
- Configuring websites in the cloud (we use Google Cloud, but AWS, Azure, etc. are applicable)
- Maintaining a fleet of Mac workstations and their setup
- Monitoring and configuring our local and cloud network, which includes everything from backup to network topology, to security and access
- Maintaining our user directories and access
- User support
- Determining equipment needs, and handling their purchase
- Troubleshooting issues: network, workstation, etc.
Position & Expected Hours of Work
While some of this job could be performed remotely, due to its nature much or most of it will require physical presence.
This is a full-time position, but we will consider part-time, 32 hours/week minimum.
Salary range is 40-90K+ FTE. Salary is depending on experience. ZaneRay is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit resume, portfolio of example work, and a letter to explain to us that our search is over—why you are the perfect candidate we have been looking for!
Submissions go to: firstname.lastname@example.org.