Type of Employement
Full Time Position
ZaneRay is a digital design and development agency that specializes in e-commerce. We are well established in the outdoor industry with such clients as Skullcandy, Yeti Cycles, Osprey Backpacks, and Jackson Hole Resort—so a passion for the outdoors is a big plus. ZaneRay was recently named in Outside Magazine’s 2020 Best Places to Work for the fourth time in the last 8 years.
The ZaneRay Group has an opening for a User Experience Researcher to inform our end-to-end design process and amplify the voice of the consumer. The position can be remote or at our Whitefish, Montana office. We are seeking a candidate that is excited about the work that we do, and is equally excited about living the Rocky Mountain lifestyle.
The ideal candidate will have training and a proven track record in the field of User Experience Design and Research as well as e-commerce experience.
ZaneRay offers a flexible work-life—we seek a daily balance of work, family, and recreation that keeps us all happy, healthy and productive. To be successful we need self-motivated enthusiasts that have a proven track record of getting stuff done, and having a great time doing it.
The Ideal Candidate
- Training and/or applicable certification(s) in various User Experience Research techniques: competitive analysis, cognitive walkthroughs, user surveys, journey mapping, persona building, moderated and unmoderated user testing, prototyping, and wireframing etc.
- Experience conducting and summarizing research and user testing sessions, using insights to inform website design considerations and actions
- Strong communication skills and ability to present and convey your findings and recommendations to internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to synthesize business, behavioral and usability insights with e-commerce best practices and research to help drive strategies and roadmap decisions.
- Experience with Google Analytics or other web analytics tools and ability to gather insights to augment and support research findings
- Strong understanding of UX best practices for e-commerce
- Ability to estimate effort for various tasks and complete tasks within budget
- Basic Knowledge of HTML/CSS and the constraints of designing for the web
- Experience creating prototypes for user testing, illustrating user flows, animation and interactions
- Diverse work background, inside and outside the web agency world
- Relevant interface design experience
- Experience with design tools such as Sketch, Figma, Invision, or XD.
- Experience building presentations with Keynote, Powerpoint, and/or Google Slides
- Collaborating with a cross functional team to drive an end-to-end design process, finetuneing world-class e-commerce sites as well as informational or general branding sites.
- Work within our Customer Success Team to define research plans and approach, execute research plans as a non-biased advocate for the consumer.
- Demonstrate and leverage robust industry best practices and web analytics to drive recommendations and business results.
- Contribute to complex design flows which often require extensive understanding of consumer and business needs
- Developing user personas and journeys to better understand the customer’s goals and needs
- Conducting competitive analysis to determine how a client’s site is fitting within their competitive landscape
- Helping build out content plans and information architectures, putting all pieces in place before final design work begins
- Taking a break occasionally to make some turns on the mountain when the snow is fresh
- Working with prototyping tools to build wireframes or working prototypes to collaboratively think through information architecture, as well as for use in UX testing
- Immersing yourself in a brand’s materials and industry. Our team prides itself on being as versed as we can in whatever industry we step into.
- Alignment with client goals and strategic priorities as baseline to define user experience needs and goals.
- Identify and communicate conversion funnel opportunities
- Flexing your schedule from week to week to be sure you maintain a healthy lifestyle inside and outside of work and be sure to be present in your family members' lives
- Attending weekly collaborative department meetings to best coordinate efforts
- Occasionally traveling to visit clients for sales jobs and for the launch of large-scale projects
- Getting to know team members better at a picnic, raft trip or other retreat in the wilds of Montana
- Attending occasional seminars and seeking other avenues for continual learning and sharing what you have learned with your coworkers
Position & Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. but are flexible within that range.
Salary is D.O.E. ZaneRay offers a benefits package that includes 401K with up to 4% matching, employee health, disability, vision, and dental insurance, 17 days of vacation to start, profit sharing, long-term incentives, and a flexible work environment. Relocation is considered.
Submit resume, portfolio of example work, and a letter to explain to us that our search is over—why you are the perfect candidate we have been looking for!
Submissions go to: email@example.com.